Saturday 22 September 2007

Reverend & The Makers "He Said He Loved Me" Music Video(Lyrics,Rapidshare,PV,無料,試聴,視聴,配信,MV,歌詞,動画,映画,mp3)

Reverend & The Makers
Eh up... it seems that Yorkshire bands are taking over the world right now. From the Kaiser Chiefs to the Artic Monkeys, as long as you hail from Hull or were raised in Rotherham, you're bound to make it as long as you come from the land of the White Rose.

Reverend and The Makers are based in Sheffield and even supported The Artic Monkeys on their sell-out tour in 2006. Is this enough though to make them a success?


As soon as I listened to this song I thought that it reminded me of another band, and after a few listens it hit me... Reverend and The Makers sound a little like a less seedy version of Pulp (who are coincidentally also hail from Sheffield). It's about a girl bemoaning the end of a relationship with a womanising lothario who got her pregnant, pretty gritty stuff. It took me a little while to warm to this song, but once I did I really liked it, and although I'm sure this band will hate comparisons to the Artic Monkeys, they do have a lot in common - humorous lyrics, strong Yorkshire accents and tight instrumentals.

This is the kind of music that you can bop along to quite merrily in a nightclub and I'm very keen to see this band live. They're not my favourite group right now granted, but this song is pretty darn funky.

Recent Posts