Monday 17 September 2007

Jennifer Hudson To Be In “Sex And The City” Movie

Jennifer Hudson

J. Hud got another role! Must be nice to hear “Oscar Winner” always at the beginning of your name. I.Am.Not.Mad.Jen!

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson has joined the cast of “Sex and the City: The Movie” for New Line Cinema, which begins filming next week in New York.

Hudson will play “Louise,” the assistant to Sarah Jessica Parker’s “Carrie Bradshaw” in the film based on the hit HBO comedy series.

The movie revolves around the four main characters’ lives in Manhattan four years after the series ended.

Hudson, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for “Dreamgirls,” recently completed production on Rowan Woods’ ensemble drama “Winged Creatures” starring Kate Beckinsale, Forrest Whitaker, Jackie Earle Haley and Dakota Fanning. Sony is distributing the film.

The former “American Idol” contestant is also in the studio working on her debut album for Arista Records, due for release in the first quarter of 2008.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

My only complaint is that she playing the assistant LOL. What, she couldn’t be an up & coming writer or journalist or something? Long as she ain’t a nanny or some ish, I guess I won’t have to riot in the streets. Other than that, get that money Jen! That’s that good white folk money too, it ain’t no Tatyana-Ali-straight-to-DVD change either LOL.

Not sure how that album is gonna sound though…I heard the label has been scrapping songs left and right. The few songs I heard weren’t the business either, and I’m a huge fan. I’m sorry, you don’t pair that majestic voice on a duet with Ne-Yo. NO NO NO. Hell to tha no!! Look at this Youtube video someone sent me yesterday:

How you just sangin’ like that in a closet. HOW? I don’t know if that was a closet or hotel room, but I sure did throw the white sheet over myself after I heard this.

Recent Posts