Monday 17 September 2007

Maxwell is Getting Pushed Back More Than Mya & Amerie Combined

Maxwell has had so much time off that he’s recorded nearly three albums worth of material, but Columbia Records still isn’t ready to release the first one, Black Summers’ Night. The album will be Maxwell’s first since 2001’s Now.

“Maxwell’s still working with Sade’s band, his tried-and-true team,” Kyamba “Hip Hop” Joshua an executive at Columbia Records told Billboard. “He took some time off and now he’s ready.”

“He’s recorded so much material that he’s got a couple of albums done,” Joshua added. “So, he might be going out on the road touring for this album soon. I won’t say the album will drop first-quarter 2008, but [next] summer sounds good.” (Source)

This is just foul. I’m mad at homeboy sounding like somebody’s mama anytime little kids want to do something. “Not right now. Next year is better.” When I lived in Chicago I always wanted to go on those foot-pedal boats in Lincoln Park but my parents always told me “Now’s not a good time.” I never got to ride them damn boats. Black Summers’ Night’s release is Maxwell’s pedal boats. LMAO.

RELEASE MAXWELL’S ALBUM!

On another note: LOL @ this picture of him. It’s recent and I just don’t know what’s going on. He looks like Marc Wilmore, dude who was on the last few seasons of “In Living Color”. Right?! Also, he looks like a candidate for the “before” shot on a deodorant commercial. Look at that chalky mess on his left shoulder. SMH.

Recent Posts