Monday 28 January 2008

Amy Winehouse's Mother speaks out

Amy Winehouse Janis Winehouse
(Janis Winehouse,Amy's Mother)

Following Amy Winehouse’s husband exclusive interview in today’s tabs slamming her dad, now her mother’s done one criticising the singer's husband.She's livid how he accused them of using their own daughter.

Janice Winehouse has spoken to the Sunday Mirror about how recent footage of her singer smoking crack has crystallised her fears over the daughter’s life.

She tells the paper, “I've known for a long time that my daughter has problems. But seeing it on screen rammed it home. I realise my daughter could be dead within the year. We're watching her kill herself, slowly.

“I've already come to terms with her dead. I've steeled myself to ask her what ground she wants to be buried in, which cemetery. Because the drugs will get her if she stays on this road.

"She's invited me to the Grammy awards next month, but part of me thinks she won't be alive by then.

"I look at Heath Ledger and Britney. She's on their path. It's like watching a car crash - this person throwing all these gifts away."

And as far as Janice is concerned, it’s one person’s fault - Amy’s husband Blake Civil-Fielder, currently in jail awaiting trial on GBH and perverting the course of justice charges.

“What I hope most of all is that Amy lives to make another album - and that it's all about her divorce,” she quips.

"She'd never taken class As before she met Blake. He's a penniless user. But Amy just says, 'I love him, he's the one for me.’ She doesn't see that he's using her. Everybody else does."

However, the 53-year-old sees some hope for her strong-willed daughter.

“I see Amy as a survivor,” she explains. “She's like me. I like to think that her living close to the edge is her saying, 'I'll get through this. You'll see.’

“But she's an addict - when it comes down to it, all that really matters to Amy is Amy.”

Recent Posts