Wednesday 30 January 2008

Amy Winehouse's hubby's talk about his bird

AMY Winehouse is a 'lost soul' who desperately needs help, according to her husband Blake Fielder-Civil.

Speaking through his devoted mum Georgette, Blake told the News of the World: "Amy is in torment, she is confused and she doesn't know what she is doing.

"She is a lost soul, she is frightened and she is an addict.

"Amy is doing crack because she doesn't know what to do. I don't want her to be viewed harshly. I want people to help her."

Georgette, who runs a hair salon in Lincolnshire, stressed that her son wanted the truth to become public in order to help save Amy's life.

She said: "Blake knows I'm talking to you. We have discussed this at length. As Amy's husband he feels it is right that he should now publicly put his feelings across. He knows it's a matter of life and death."

Blake, who is currently remanded in prison after being charged with allegations of trial-fixing, says he hopes the recent furore over Amy's crack abuse will shock her into changing her ways.

He said: "It's a big wake-up call. Amy visited me on the Wednesday before I appeared in court.

"I told her: 'I'm having pressure from my parents to divorce you. Now show them and me you are worth keeping our marriage alive.

"Amy insisted: 'I'm doing less drugs than before and promise I will stop.' But I know the signs.

"I told Amy last week: 'I know you are smoking crack by your dirty nails.'

"She admitted she had been taking it and I again told her: 'You have got to stop.'

"We had a row, Amy stood up and I asked her to sit down because she was challenging me.

"But I was frightened that if she left the prison after a row she might go back and do more.

"So I just begged her again to stop it and told her: 'We've found one another. Let's stick together.'

"She promised me she would stop taking drugs.

"But just two days later she was filmed smoking crack hours before she turned up for my Friday court appearance.

"Amy turned up late and I knew it was because she had been doing drugs the night before and had difficulty getting up.

"I was angry that she had lied to me and sickened that she could have died.

"I want her support. I want my wife to be normal. I don't want to worry that my wife is going to die tonight.

"But even though she was late, I was ecstatic that she had turned up to support me.

"I will admit I used to behave like Amy when I was hooked on drugs.

"I admit that I said things that people wanted to hear.

"Because when I was with Amy the only thing I was interested in was my next fix.

"Now I'm concerned that the fix is becoming more important to Amy than anything else.

"I feel if she truly loves me she will at least try to beat the drugs."

Recent Posts